About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

FINALLY, A FLIMSY


This was the best quick- shot I could get of my "Gypsy WannaBe" on this blustery, cold day.

I FINALLY got this together...I have been sewing a few strips here and there while recuperating from this "Whatever it is"- bug that is still hanging on....

I donned my "puffy coat, earflap hat and mittens (not a good visual-- lol)
to take this shot as it is very COLD!!!!. 

I really haven't ceased sewing, everyone; it's just that I haven't had much progress to report-- as it was itsy-bitsy by itsy-bitsy. 

And.... this was too big to get a full shot from my design wall in my small room....

This will be for Cassidy when she graduates in 2 1/2 years--so I do have time to make a 
backing using purple fabric (her very favorite).  

It is getting more and more difficult for me to push and pull these big tops
 through my machine....only two more after this one for my twins, Gregory and Connor....I want them to each have one from me....

{And: For those of you who have inquired-- DH is coming along--it's just hard for him to figure out what he can and cannot do without strain.  Yesterday he figured he'd take a bike ride--which seemed innocuous enough.  BUT--he forgot about the lifting of the bike into our CRV...after the exertion of the ride....
so he was quite uncomfortable last night and also today....}

I can tell he is just "itching" to get outside and do stuff....understandable having been
so active all his life...

Meanwhile.....
We are awaiting a Nor'easter tomorrow through Monday noon--so I will be shoveling....
(and hopefully not so much snow that it has to be snow-blown;-000)

I thought we were through with Old Man Winter....but on the first day of Spring we
will be seeing snow again...and so it goes.....

hugs to you all and thanks for all of your nice wishes for both of us.

Julierose, La Blageuse --glad it's a flimsy-euse ;--)))


11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are slowing feeling better. Taking a bike ride is great progress for you DH. Hope you can both rest up as the snow flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the snow goes away fast!
    Did you find where you won at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wannabe quilt top -- best kind. Good wishes to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised you didn't just lay the quilt top over the bed to get a photo - you were brave to get out in the cold :). Glad DH is coming along ok it does take awhile to get your strength back when you have been doing much of anything - one doesn't always think that the bike is going to feel heavy to lift after a ride when you haven't been used to it. Hope the storm isn't too bad for you and that you will not have a lot of shoveling to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a charming quilt. I'm glad you are better enough to see it through.
    I shouldn't tell you that we had to turn on the air conditioner this week. Much cooler today though.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful quilt top. she will love it! take care of you and hubs in this pending snowstorm. it should melt later so if you have no place to go, drink some hot beverage and watch it come down. be careful as your immunity is down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt turned out gorgeous. Sorry DH is still having trouble. What snow?!?! You and your 4 letter words.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog faithfully but I do not recall your mentioning anything going on with your DH. I know he was having some health issues last fall. I'm glad that whatever was going on with him, he's doing better now ... slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way the top came together! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your lovely Gypsy WannaBe and you have oodles of time to back and quilt! I think photos of quilts on washing lines are the best - very natural billowing about in the breeze. Both of you take care!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.