About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

MORE SCRAPBOOKING


And here is my latest effort (multi media effort) in saving the older photos of Mom and Dad...

I gessoed the cardstock (it's still curling a bit LOL) and then used some modeling paste and a stencil
to do the drops and added some shine spray.  The little roses and leaves are the ones I made and I  watercolor- wrote out the title on Watercolor paper and then hand cut it.


AND ANOTHER VIEW:
I also added some lace leafy pieces that I had left over from my Crazy Quilt Adventure....

A four day project--done a bit at a time....
At first I was SO disappointed in how the papers that
I gessoed curled up--but now that I  have put it in "My Life and Times" album protector--it looks alright....

I also managed to sew all the lower "Gypsy Wannabe " strips into twosies--hoping to finish more
on that tomorrow....
hugs from your still feeling crummy, but hangin' in
Julierose, La Blageuse  (wannabe artiste-euse)

3 comments:

  1. Julie I left a comment the other day on this lovely post, maybe I didn't press publish, I have done that a few times lately! Your scrapbooking is just lovely and full of happy memories for you and the family and future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you use to water color? a paint brush or water pen? My handwriting is really bad so I don't think I would be good at this but I love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.