About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, March 28, 2016

CASSIDY'S QUILT ( aka Confession)


I ORDERED THIS FABRIC LINE IN A  CHARM PACK AND MATCHING JELLY ROLL
 to make the MSQ Co.'s "Square in a Square" quilt for Cassidy's quilt FRONT.
{finally, a decision}

 Her favorite colors are purple and lime , and I really L O V E this grouping of colors in this Free Spirit line.  I already have the white honey bun needed to make this pattern....and it's EASY  ;--))).  (Or looks easy)

THIS will be my new project to get my quilting mojo back once more..............

For:
I have been wandering around my craft room and doing scrapbooking and then kind of feeling like something has been missing.  I have been reading, looking at my stash, looking at my stash
AGAIN... and, looking yet again--and nothing has struck me-- for her colors are almost
non-existant in there....

(Also, my first Easter holiday without Mom kind of made me sad once more
 and mopey)
;--((((....

and so,
I KNOW I could have fiddled about and found  something from my stash--
and I probably should have--

BUT this kind of LOOKS like my granddaughter...and so....I broke with my fabric diet....
I have been a VERY good gal before this....and this fabric, well, you can see for yourselves
it is sooooo gorgeous...I think she'll love it...

.(Looking on the MSQ Co site is akin to going to" look at " puppies-
-there is no way you will go home without one...LOL!!)

And that's the news on this rain-swept Monday ..My darling .DH is poking around
 at Home Depot and I am having my cuppa and planning a nice roast beef dinner
for us--with mashed potatoes, gravy and a tossed salad--
 (my healthy choice ).

Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (Naughty-euse   ;--000)

11 comments:

  1. I fell in love with this range from Tula Pink when it first came on the market - I think we both have exactly the same fabrics here! Cassidy is going to have a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassidy will love it! sometimes you just dont have the right fabrics at the right time. thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. JulieRose ! J'adoooore tout simplement cette nouvelle collection de tissus ! Et je suis impatiente d'admirer le quilt que tu vas faire avec....
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a decision is often the hardest part --- beautiful fabrics. Hope working with them brings you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous fabrics--it's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those fabrics, they will be fun to work with and I'm sure your granddaughter is going to be thrilled.

    We just returned from our cruise and I would love to make a scrapbook but I feel guilty with all of the "other projects staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tula, Tula! Can't wait to see what you do with this gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why so many people love Tula Pink. I picked up some of the Chipper and I have another one with deer and the colors are just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that Tula Pink fabric?? So pretty! Looking forward to what you make with that gorgeous fabric. I hope making this quilt makes you feel a little better. The holidays are always a hard time when you've lost a family member. Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty prints in this bunch, love the tiger, what a fun project this will be.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.