About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

QAYG FLIMSY



TA DAH!!! Here is Cassidy's quilt (to be named later) ; it is quilted to the batting.

                   I love how the border frames these blocks--the colors worked out just fine....
Here is how the back looks right now--
I'll be tying the backing on soon

I've ironed all seams open and trimmed off extra batting at intersections....

NOW to add this to the back--the Christmas back that I always make for my grandkids'
quilts...

AND...they are almost an exact match in size--just enough extra for "take up" 
as I tie it on....
PHEW!!;--)))
They are now resting on my dining table and I am done (in!!  lol) for today...

Last evening the sky was so pretty right before sunset....

Lovely pinks, lavenders and palest of blues--just a whisper of gray....
against the darkness
settling in.....

hugs
Julierose, La Blageuse  (doing my happy dance-euse)

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You did a great job on Cassidy's quilt. I absolutely love that you make a Christmas backing for the kid's quilts. Super idea, it's like getting two quilts in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Cassidys quilt. so so pretty. the Christmas backing is such a great idea too! pretty sky almost some of the same colors. great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish! I'm sure Cassidy will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta-DAH indeed! Well finished -- or nearly finished. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats - finishing feels great doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Christmas backing - what a great idea. Love your quilt, (but you knew that.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cassidy's quilt turned out fabulous. Love your backing. Wow you are getting quite prolific there. I think this is going to be 2 quilts finished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are going to get your purple and green project done before I do! I haven't even got my rows sowed together yet. Yours looks great! I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful!!!Looks like the sky colors echo your quilt :-)
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It had never occurred to me to QAYG without the backing - but I can see it gives you extra options. I love that you put Christmas backings on your grandkids' quilts - that is just a fantastic idea and one that I shall be stealing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must be doing the happy dance to have all the quilting finished up and ready for the back to go on - Cassidy will be so pleased with her quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Cassidy's quilt top is beautiful! And that sky -- oh my goodness, it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. there's many a way to make a quilt and this one's new to me! Great job girl

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.