About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

READY, SET, GO!!

Helga and I are at the starting line.....

And we're OFF...

I managed to get the first half quilted this morning ...
tomorrow I will be doing the 2nd half...

Then I walked my first 10 min on "Trevor" (our treadmill) out of 30...
I plan to hop on Trev and do another two 10 min segments...

My cold seems to be getting better at last...

And, here is my first paltry effort at drawing les femmes...

Part of my art goals--to draw faces and then learn to color them in realistically...
I've added my own had altered papers and stamps...

AND.. Farm Girl ladies (Dawnie, Barbara, Jackie, Collette aka Rheema):

 .....I acutally CUT OUT  those 23 pieces for my Cow block...can you guess where I'm going with these blocks???

Whether or not they will go together remains to be seen...I've labeled them and put them to one side until Helga feels she is ready to sew a "scant" 1/4" seam--that girl is SO Stubborn--she just doesn't like to sew 1/4" seams or straight ones either!! LOL ;)))

The rains rained down last night and all of our snow is gone--which doesn't make me sad at all.....it is 53 degrees right now...
hugs 
Julierose, La Blageuse (quilt-euse)

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are warming up to and feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are feeling better and keeping yourself busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get you with the "scan 1/4" seam bit!!! I always seem to have problems here. My guess for your cow block looks pretty wintry to me. Happy to read you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's all go chez Julierose now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! cant wait to see your quilt finished for your grandson. and that sneak peek is so so cool for your cow....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having -8 right now, but it is sunny and we're thankful for that.
    Love your name for the treadmill. Better to jump on Trevor than to use the bad word that starts with an E.
    Watching for the cow crossing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those faces are great! On my bucket list is taking a learn to paint class. Is the light one from IKEA? We were there the other day and I saw those and wondered... Cow blocks! Have a love for them. Heard it was warm back home, nice to have a respite in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing so good! You're quilting and feeling better! Great to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that you are feeling better. I hope Helga plays nice and gives you the 1/4" seam allowance so you can make good progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I am so far behind reading blogs, but I love the close up of the fabrics you used in your cow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.