I scoured my stash all day yesterday-(my sore back and calves from squatting to reach those lower shelves attest to that! )
and as a last resort looked in my Oriental pile..thinking...
now just how desperate am I to find the right backing???
It surely couldn't be anything in here................ and, and
AND, lo and behold!! Wowzers! Look at this!!
YUP--"The Emperor's Garden" by Maywood--a very old
2 yard piece (and I never buy 2 yds--or almost never--of anything!! lol)
of this yummy fabric...
My gift recipient likes neutrals, nothing raucous or loud...
And so, this is my idea of perfection...Not too busy but with a little
something going on in the background, and a bit of richness to it...
I had just enough, with maybe a small 2" piece left over,
to cut (12) fifteen inch squares--
which I will trim and cut down after I hand applique them..AND
then I will add the batting behind and do big stitch in an echo pattern...
PHEW--I was really thinking last night--(getting frantic, actually)
why did I opt to use this charm pack--
NOTHING but nothing goes with it and it is not available ANYMORE!!!
Here's a closer look at this pretty fabric
...a really nice cocoa color that blends with all
those hues in my plates...
Can I tell you just how happy this makes me?
{time out for yet another "Happy Dance Fest!! LOL}
Isn't it funny how you just KNOW when you've discovered the "RIGHT" fabric?
And how it's a true gift to find it in YOUR OWN STASH, calling your name
"Here I am, over here, underneath all these "Oooff" get offa me--
others that are NOT RIGHT!!"
As my hubster said: "It doesn't take
much to make you happy!" He has NO IDEA!!!;))))
Hugs from your happy
Julierose, La Blageuse (lucky-euse)
How lovely to find just the right piece. I like it from a distance or close up.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Love it and Love finding special things in my own stash. I think the quilt is going to be fabulous.
ReplyDeleteperfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find!
ReplyDeletelove finding all i need without buying but can't seem to do it very often
ReplyDeleteThat is perfect and a lucky find!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous fabric! And it's from your stash! Great!!
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect!
ReplyDeleteHI Julie,
ReplyDeleteYour Dresden Plate blocks are fabulous ! What gorgeous colors and beautiful workmanship. We especially love the pretty metallic gold. You are very talented ! We look forward to seeing more pretty projects. Happy springtime, and best wishes,😊 from Marina and Daryl Lynn at Quilt Inspiration
The background is perfect!
ReplyDeleteI was meant to be and looks wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteI can feel the joy all the way over here in Idaho!! Great choice!
ReplyDeleteThat background fabric is awesome. How fortuitous to find it in your stash.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love, love, love these. What beautiful colors, design and the background is perfect!! hugs!
ReplyDelete