About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 8, 2020

POWER ON--YES!!!

Our power is finally back on ;))
as of 4 a.m. just this morning...)
(New Blogger-- N O T !!😑)

Tropical Storm Isaias slammed the whole State of Connecticut
Badly.....
Over 800,000 people with no electricity, internet, cable
or phone since last Tuesday afternoon....;(((
SO.....
We resurrected our camping equipment 
for cooking 
↓↓↓↓
Tom cooked spaghetti for us one night
and we used the stove to boil water for
washing dishes...

And, sadly, this is what's left of my lovely lilies ;(((

We do have a generator, but the problem was
finding gas...as a lot of the streets were
impassable for a long time...

But hey, we've survived and no trees have
fallen on our house...
We are just totally exhausted..

[Sorry if I haven't gotten back to a lot of you
commenters....]

******************************
A N D ....πŸ‘ΊπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΏπŸ’€
I have HAD to revert back to Blogger Legacy as 
my New Blogger's home page
is a M E S S !!

I cannot remove the changes that appeared on it
out of the blue:

Everything is coming out blue, double spaced and underlined
and pictures are tabbed to the left...
When I go to the top to change things they
won't "UNDO"!! 

I cannot change any fonts like I just
did here so easily....
S  I  G  H
I am too tired to deal with it for now....
😷πŸ˜ͺπŸ’£πŸ’€

*************************
Here is a new project I had begun
before all this upheaval hit us
↧↧↧↧
"Grandmother's Fan"

A summer wall hanging in progress...

I shamelessly co-opted Beth Sibley's 
project from her Youtube video 
{"My Sewing Room" on youtube}
colors and all...;)))
I just love how this block looks like
A U G U S T
Doesn't it???
So much for not starting any new projects...
*****&&&&&&&&&&&*****

I hope any of you in the storm's path 
came through safely. 

Stay vigilant, and don't forget 
Covid is still very much with us all...

Hugs from a recovering,
Julierose, La Blageuse (catching-up-euse)






20 comments:

  1. Glad you have power again. The storm did nothing here in my area of Florida. Thankfully, it stayed out far enough on the ocean to not do much more than a few brief rain showers and a breezy night. What a name for the storm. Too hard to pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy the power is restored! Looks like Tom is pretty resourceful and made sure you still ate well =) Great new project you are working on. Hope you are able to sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That's my idea of camping. . . using candles, cooking dinner outside, waking up with the sun, and sleeping in my own bed. Seriously, I'm sorry you had to go without power for so long. I'm glad there was no damage to your house. I love all the different reds in your Grandmother's fan. I need to go buy some more shades of red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody left a comment on my blog saying she missed you ad were you ok. Unfortunately she is a no reply so I couldn't reply to her.
    That underlining thing, it is making a link. Just go up and click on the link icon and click on delete link. I don't know what they did to make that start happening. And yes we can't place our photos in the center right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you have your power back on. I can relate to not having power for sometime. Good luck with the new blogger......why do they change what does not need changing???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I m glad you and Tom are okay! And yes that's why I nevi bother with a generator bec if the storm is a big one, there is no gas to be had, and/ or staions cannot pump gas w/out power. Yeesh. I'm exhausted too, and unlike you I iddn't sew at all, just was frantic then overtired. We had no warning here at ll, last I heard before evrything went out was "small fading tropical storm in the Carolinas. [Like, what , 600 miles away? 800?]
    Relax and rest up.

    love
    lizzy

    PS However in the winter when you could freeze to death, gassing up the generator is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are safe! Your new project looks lovely. Don't worry about the blog formatting until you have heaps of mental energy to spare. It is readable as it is, so spend your time on joyful things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have power again. We had electricity cuts every now and then. The last few years it is better, but I have a small gas container to be able to boil water, make a coffee or tea. And a good supply of candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, when the power goes back on we leap for joy, don't we?? Glad you got yours back. That little camp stove looks like it was a lifeline for meals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you're okay and that you came through it relatively unscathed, power issues notwithstanding.
    As for the latest issues with Bloggrrrr - I'm having the same thing with mine. Like all the other issues I'm assuming they will be fixed in time. I think, if I remember correctly, it was sometime in August that they were doing the 'grand switch' so perhaps their system is overloaded somewhat. Will have to wait and see.
    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad youll are safe. hope they stay away from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your power is back on! It's awful to have no power for any length of time. I'm glad you started a new project. Sometimes, you just have to!! Blogger is being such a pain. I hope they fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling safe and turned back on. We were lucky. Just wind and rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having no power for a while is a bit of a pain. Pleased you didn't suffer any more damage to your house and property.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you came through with no physical damage. We keep our camping equipment handy in the winter for power outages that happen due to blizzards. And we have a propane Weber grill!
    I think maybe the Blogger problems will rectify themselves. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a long haul back to normalcy. I am glad it was not winter or cold. My sister in law used to live in New Haven, and Irene and Sandy did a number on her a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad your power is back. That was a long time and it's good you had camping equipment. You made me realize we've given all ours away. Guess I need to get some more. We are old hands at stocking supplies and storing water.
    Somehow I "moved" your home to the Carolinas. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you made it through the storm OK and your power is restored! We take electricity so much for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you got power back! What true campers you are to boil water to wash the dishes with!!
    Sorry about your plants.... love your little new block!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.