This one is called "The Tear"--I
thought it was appropriate for this
Covid isolation time.....
(Note--The Tear--as in crying-- not ripping)
I have begun on the top left side which is the
hair covering her right eye..
Lots of shades of yellows and peaches for the "blonde"..
so very close colors --which is a challenge...
Here is what the canvas looks like:
A lot of what we call "confetti"...
S L O W,
meditative
placing on this one using
round diamonds....
Here is my new little, sparkley pen that I love because its barrel is
thick and easy to hold:
Also it is double ended...and really nice for
precise placing .....
And here is "Blue Moon" finished⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Waiting to be framed.
****************************************
Poor Butterfly (No 2)
is all done
Here are the first two together...
I like that some are on an angle and others straight on...
Should be fun alternating them with fabrics...
My next butterfly will be all pinks and deep maroons...
I began the black x's along the outside this morning.....
******************************
No sewing today....
just a bit of reading blogs and
looking around...
Stay safe, we are not done with this virus yet--
seems a lot of places are on the uptick...
;((((
Hugs on a much cooler afternoon
Julierose, La Blageuse (crating-euse)







Wow! What a lot of lovely stitching...love that monarch butterfly!
ReplyDeleteBlue moon is beautiful. It looks like a Hoffman mottled batik.
ReplyDeletePretty diamond paintings and love your butterflies
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to tell you I have a Vera Bradley should bag that I love for summer...it's black with flowers. So of course love that pouch of yours and it's so practical for veranda stitching.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by this method that has such beautiful results. The templates are gorgeous.
Lovely slow work!
ReplyDeleteI don't know whether to call the pieces you are gluing on beads or something else. It looks like it would be tedious work. I have never seen the process done. Maybe there is a You Tube video. Do the pieces stay glued well and fast?
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! So interesting because I've never done anything like that before! Thanks!~
ReplyDeleteYour flutter-byes are so pretty! Perfect for summer stitching. Blue Moon is spectacular - I imagine it must be quite weighty once done. 'The Tear' is going to be wonderful too.
ReplyDeleteNice job on the butterflies! I love The Tear! It looks emotional to me. Blue Moon came out great too! This virus will be with us for awhile I think. I wish it would just go away.
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing little pen you have, it definitely looks easy to hold, better for your hands. It's good to see your current projects and I mustn't have seen Blue Moon before for some reason, happy to see it now because I think it's glorious! I am a moon gazer, you've probably heard of the moon gazing hare, Im the moon gazing quilter!
ReplyDeleteYou have the patience of a saint. I love the look of diamond painting but don't think I could do it...well, and enjoy it at the same time :)
ReplyDelete