About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A BRIEF DIAMOND PAINTING OVERVIEW


A few of you have asked to "see" a diamond painting canvas
in progress....
Above↑↑↑↑ I have uncovered a small area to be "painted".

 And, here I am adding a diamond (or drill as they are also termed)
to my canvas with the specialty pen. 

I have only uncovered a small area to be filled
because the canvas is SUPER sticky in order to hold 
the diamonds really securely.....
I just press the diamond  lightly onto the correct symbol.

(Above I was using the "&" symbol which in
this picture is gray, and No. 5 in my little marked boxes below)
 
Here is the "key" to the colors along the side↓↓↓↓↓
[And to the left is a section all filled in]

This chart is set up exactly like a  cross stitching chart would be
and the colors used 
are the exact same as those on the DMC (floss) chart...

Here is the "pen" with the little tube at the end that
you fill with sticky wax in order to 
pick up each little diamonds...

Here are all my colors for this canvas 
ready to be poured into the tray that has 
one funnel end for replacing those not used in the area you have uncovered...
You can see that in the above photo..
There are 25 separate colors in this canvas...
and I have been attaching No. 5...

***********************************
This is just a brief intro to Diamond Painting and 
just how I do it...there are a 
GA-ZILLION 
Youtube videos out there 
if you are interested...that go into a lot more detail..

[And this is probably as clear as MUD!! 
It is always easier to show someone in person
that to write it all out, I feel   ;))))]

I totally enjoy this craft and so far have framed 2
paintings using simple frames from Michael's...

In a previous posting I have shown my little 
corner station set up...
(labelled "Blue Moon")
I just love these colors in "Blue Moon"
and that is what drew me to this one --
that and i love depictions of the moon....

I hope you are staying safe if you are in the path of this tropical storm...
We are getting some wind and a bit of rain so far
but the tornado watch has expired for us...
Thankfully.....
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (diamond-painting-euse)



12 comments:

  1. Great mini demo and explanation - I can see how you have gotten into this and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the class in diamond painting. Its gonna be pretty when done

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty neat! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And forgot to say - I'm glad the storm wasn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you fell in love with the moon painting--it's beautiful! Thanks for the closeup photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was a mess where it came a shore in the Caroline's, glad it weakened

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see how this works! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so pretty! Is the finished item stiff or is there some flexibility? I have never heard of this before reading it here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the closer look at the diamonds - I've been really curious to know more. Further question for you - do the little diamonds come in those little boxes or did you put them into those yourself? I'm thinking in terms of the oil paints in paint-by-number kits and wondering if the dots come packaged the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing us the details! Blue Moon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.