About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, August 31, 2020

RESUMING , et al

 

                                                        Remember me?  Courthouse Steps>

I left off making these at 63; I ran out of the type of fabric scraps I wanted to use....

That was May 15th; today after some scrap and string sorting, I began again with

these two:


                                                                             AND↧↧↧↧↧


I have four scrap bins of strings and chunks to continue with on my 

King-Size Quilt Journey...now the magic number has become TAH-DAH!!!

                                                          S I X T Y --- F I V E 

I need 100 to cover the top of the bed and then I will decide if I will make more

or add deep borders... 

[and why why why is this Freakin' NB dbl spacing???]

****************************************************************

ANYHOOOOOO...

For those of you who asked:

Here is Poor Butterfly in Pink's progress:


                                                                                    AND

Here is my usual morning place to work:


                                                               YUM----frothed coffee....

**********************************************************

I changed out my dining room wall hanging to "Fly Like an Eagle"

which looks Fall-ish to me...


I love this one...💖💖💖💖

******************************************************

Stay safe friends, wear your mask....

Hugs, on a lovely cool Monday morning

Julierose, La Blageuse (Court-House-stepping)







13 comments:

  1. Pretty. As for the double spacing - I think I read somewhere if you click on the ... after typing a word or two, highlight it to select it and then undo formatting it will remove the double spacing. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your fall quilt. I have two more t-shirt quilts to make before I go back to sewing for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Butterfly is looking great! I really like the center block in your court house steps log cabin blocks! Log cabin quilts are so much fun to big stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects Julierose. Glad you are continuing on with courthouse steps. Its gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cozy sewing spot, with a cup of froffy coffee to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those new blocks, especially the second one. Love how the butterfly is looking. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your courthouse steps quilt is going to look rich and luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see more progress on your courthouse steps quilt. It feels like fall today but I know it won't last and we'll be back to 90 degrees in no time. I kinda want to decorate for fall too but I'll have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The courthouse steps are looking good. I love Fly Like an Eagle...have ever since you finished it. Glad you are getting some 'cool'...we are not :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing great courthouse stepping - you have a great sense of rhythm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the courthouse block and yours look great! I feel like fall is on the way but it still feels like the heat is going to come back. Fly Like an Eagle is a great addition to any room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to be back at work on Courthouse steps. Funny how quickly our scrap bag refills, isn't it? I think I will froth the milk tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice blocks! great fabrics in each one.
    your butterflies are coming along. how many are you making? nice rainy day today

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.