About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

HAS SPRING SPRUNG?, et al

 

It was so lovely to sit out on our deck
for the first time since the last
warm day last Autumn...

Our trees are budding out...
some pale minty green and
others red
at the tips...
******************************
After putting together a
 Shepherd's Pie for our
dinner this evening, 
laundry, and re-potting 
this plant...



I sat out and read for an hour
before lunch..
Lovely blue blue skies and
silence...
********************************

I cut some daffodils and one forsythia spray to decorate 
our dining room table on my French Spring table topper.

and 

Below is the lovely hyacinth that my son and
DIL brought me for Easter out on our deck
glass-topped table
budding away to beat the band...;)))


***************************
And 
Here are the next two "Pineapple Express"
blocks....

I am so enjoying the making of these free form pineapple blocks...
and 
using up all those leftover triangles and strips...
and
I am mixing in batiks along with 
regular fabrics on these..

**************************************
Shepherd's Pie about ready to come out of our oven
in 10 minutes--to be served with a side
of applesauce and soft rolls...

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(enjoying-the-gift-of- a- warm-sunny-day-euse)


8 comments:

  1. April can be the "cruelist month"--but not today...;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of the sky in that first picture is so lovely. I think the Pineapple Express blocks are delightful. It's perfect punch of color for this long awaited spring. Shepherd's Pie sounds wonderful, would love your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather was so nice today for me too! I sat outside for a little while. Your flowers look so colorful. I love mixing batiks with my regular fabric. I think it makes it look even more scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to sit on your deck and enjoy the spring sunshine and blue, blue skies. Those pineapple blocks are looking great with all those scrappy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely day here today - got to go out without a jacket which was really nice. I hesitate to say that spring is here because you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to leave comments on folk last two or thee posts, held up by vaccination reaction! Such a good idea to use the squares randomly, always exciting to see how the finished piece turns out. Thank you for showing us your Spring flowers, especially on a cold, wet and windy day here in NZ. When did you make a start on the free form pineapple blocks? Must have missed the post, love the free form approach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have signs of spring all around you, Julierose. Today was our first warm day that I could have sat outside to read but I had errands. I hope tomorrow will be warm and sunny again.
    I love your pineapple blocks! You may have said but I can't remember what size they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are having some nice weather to get outside and enjoy. Pretty flowers and what a fun block that is. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.