About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

SUNDAY MORNING CATCH UP

(HAVING ONE TATW CUT OUT................I NEEDED TO CATCH-UP ON JAN-MAR FOR RSC COLORS....)

Here are my blue, pink and yellow TATW so far....just pinned up, waiting to be sewn...






















BLUES




and here is my favorite  fabric
below












Really love this type of old print....it looks worn....

YELLOWS bring out the Geisha in me ;-))) lol:


She is surrounded by good luck crows eating the cherries from her trees....
I guess i cannot get away from all these novelty prints that call my name.....

and FINALLY................ PINKS block.....

Again the center is a VERY old print...just managed to get one 2.5" square out of it..

THINK THIS MAY BE THE VERY COLOR OF MY VEST THAT I AM KNITTING!!!



This morning GO!BABY and i had a  FUN cut-a-thon...;--)))

I am going to machine sew these in rows (I think) as my first foray into hand piecing these was not too encouraging--
the seam crossings and flip-flopping to check if seams are aligned made me frustrated--and my failing eyesight didn't help. 
 Then I thought --well maybe EPP--
but the seam allowances were too small for my FAT  (piano)  fingers--so HELGA TO THE RESCUE.....
                                     
                                                       LIVE AND LEARN

I am thinking white-on-white surround for the final rows--I will wait until our RSC year has finished to make that decision  ...

Sewing rows  postage stamp style will be my next trial.....

hugs, from 
Julierose, La Blaguese (square-euse) 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those are fun looking. I always love novelties. If you want blocks that look like those Granny Squares with white in between I know there is a tutorial on line somewhere because I used it to make mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very nice Julierose but I think the Geisha is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going great at the catching up, I am way behind you!! Lovely blocks,
    thank goodness for the GO cutters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like handwork, but hand piecing is just too fiddly for me. I love the fabrics you've chosen for your TAW.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.