My first TAW (Trip Around the World) block is cut and set up for slow hand stitching
tomorrow.....(these are some leftover fabrics from a certain "surprise quilt" that I am now in process of machine quilting). My sewing area is set up for machine quilting so I thought
I'd give hand piecing a try....
My little "Flower" friend wanted to come along for the trip....
Hugs on this sunny Saturday--to see more journeys hook up with SUPER SCRAPPY
Julierose, La blageuse Hand Piece-euse
Nice, the flower fairy peeping out from between the other patches. How big will your Trip Around the World block be when it's finished?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful fabrics you've used here.
ReplyDeletelovely purple colors
ReplyDeleteI love your purples ... that's going to be a spectacular TATW!
ReplyDeleteI have never tried hand piecing. That’s the way my grandmother made all of her quilts. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI see you got bitten by the Hand-Pieced TATW bug! Have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Such pretty material.
ReplyDeletePretty fabrics! I enjoyed hand stitching a couple of quilts. I used back stitch on every seam for durability, oh, and you have to mark the 1/4" seam, too. Probably is more accurate than using my machine, but it takes a lot more patience than it used to. Enjoy your slow stitching.
ReplyDeleteHugs
It's interesting to see how different the purples look up close versus far away. Love the circles.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful choices! I have one of those fabrics =). If you need some more purple give a holler. I just finished cutting a bunch of scraps into 2.5 inch strips. Welcome to the club =)
ReplyDeleteLovely . . . good luck with the hand piecing, too.
ReplyDeleteThe purples are gorgeous! I think hand piecing is so relaxing. Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI have gained so much confidence in hand piecing since I started my TATW! It was very awkward for me at first but now I am on row 20 and it is really growing. Love your purple fabrics
ReplyDeleteSuch an interesting fabric around your fairy square, very, very nice!
ReplyDeleteYou have amazing scraps
ReplyDeleteYippee! So happy you are trying hand piecing... hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteThis will be a beautiful block!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the process of hand piecing.
Love the purple ;-)
ReplyDeleteSo many beautiful purples. I could spend another month enjoying them all.
ReplyDeletelovely purple fabrics.
ReplyDelete