About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

PURPLE JOURNEY

My first TAW (Trip Around the World) block is cut and set up for slow hand stitching
tomorrow.....(these are some leftover fabrics from a certain "surprise quilt" that I am now in process of machine quilting).  My sewing area is set up for machine quilting so I thought
I'd give hand piecing a try....


My little "Flower" friend wanted to come along for the trip....

Hugs on this sunny Saturday--to see more journeys hook up with SUPER SCRAPPY
Julierose, La blageuse Hand Piece-euse

21 comments:

  1. Nice, the flower fairy peeping out from between the other patches. How big will your Trip Around the World block be when it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your purples ... that's going to be a spectacular TATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried hand piecing. That’s the way my grandmother made all of her quilts. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you got bitten by the Hand-Pieced TATW bug! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fabrics! I enjoyed hand stitching a couple of quilts. I used back stitch on every seam for durability, oh, and you have to mark the 1/4" seam, too. Probably is more accurate than using my machine, but it takes a lot more patience than it used to. Enjoy your slow stitching.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting to see how different the purples look up close versus far away. Love the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choices! I have one of those fabrics =). If you need some more purple give a holler. I just finished cutting a bunch of scraps into 2.5 inch strips. Welcome to the club =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely . . . good luck with the hand piecing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purples are gorgeous! I think hand piecing is so relaxing. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have gained so much confidence in hand piecing since I started my TATW! It was very awkward for me at first but now I am on row 20 and it is really growing. Love your purple fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an interesting fabric around your fairy square, very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yippee! So happy you are trying hand piecing... hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This will be a beautiful block!
    I hope you enjoy the process of hand piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful purples. I could spend another month enjoying them all.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.