About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WEDNESDAY WOOLGATHERING


After FOUR starts and ensuing " ribbits", I have gotten my vest started.  


Here is a closer look at the cables that circumnavigate this vest.  I finally
have put markers on to keep my place in the pattern.  Because the cables turn in two different directions over eight stitches, the outlining stitches are also
Left and Right surrounding them.  Hard to keep track of.  Along with a few unusual directions this made me "CRAZEE" for a week.  Now i am feeling better about it all.....

I made a little index card to keep my place in the 4-row repeating pattern
and am in the process of memorizing this pattern.  I have finished 6 rows (on top of the 4 row border of garter stitches). I am starting to relax when I knit--it's been a very long time since I did cables....very mesmerizing and meditative work.  I LOVE TO KNIT!!  ;--)))

I do like the color--very muted and the Cascade ECO+ wool is lovely in the hand.   

hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (knit-euse)


7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color! I think knitting is very relaxing. I love to knit after a busy day. Something nice and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always hated starting a pattern! It does help to use those markers. Looking forward to your cables growing. I am a continental knitter as my mom taught me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color, can't wait to see it all knitted up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely wool - I can't wait to see the vest. I keep thinking about learning to knit, but I'm not sure I could pull myself away from quilting long enough to really devote any effort to knitting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est une bien jolie couleur que tu utilises là ! Mais ton tricot m'a l'air bien compliqué !! :)
    Bonne journée et gros bisous !
    Happy knitting !

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.