About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, June 9, 2016

CHRISTMAS JOURNAL PREP

                              Here are two little cards I made for my Christmas Journal this year....

I am preparing my Journal by decorating  the 3x4 cards and leaving the 4x6 slots open for my photos.... and journaling memories....


AND, AS USUAL----waaay ahead of time

-(if you follow my blog you will recall that I am not good with any rushed or last minute "makings"--quilts, paper crafts or knitting...) .....

The past few years have been pretty stressful so, we haven't even put up a tree or any decorations and I feel now that I have somehow lost my ability to find JOY in Christmas..

So, with that in mind, I enrolled in an online class called "Journal Your Christmas" presented by
Shimelle.
AND........I just found myself loving it...and although my efforts do not in any way resemble her
style, she has re-kindled my desire to scrapbook our Christmas. ( I highly recommend her classes--they are amazing...)

Long ago, I had handmade tags using this style and decided to incorporate it into my journal
this year.........


                                 Two Snow Queens--(stamped, pinked, decorated and glued....
                                    I will be sewing on them after they are totally dry...)

My quilting brain is resting a bit for now;
and,
 my HELGA has been transformed into a paper sewing machine  for the time being .....

In other news.....
This morning, in keeping with my lifelong effort to lose weight, I managed a 25 minute walk on our treadmill--inside-- only because it is very windy here and the pollen is terrible--for it is a lovely sunny day....

Tonight is homemade chicken soup and a tossed salad--for a meal on the lighter side....

I hope you are enjoying this lovely weather....
hugs to all
Julierose, La Blageuse (scrap-euse) ;--))))


6 comments:

  1. Good idea to begin preparations for the Christmas season now, a lot of stress is avoided! I like what you're doing here with your journaling. Good luck with your treadmill walking, 25 minutes is a good time to spend on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So windy today! I love the crisp air. I actually washed curtains and cleaned windows today! Your cards for your Christmas journal are beautiful! Love what you're doing. Sounds like you're really enjoying which is what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in June! I wish I thought ahead like you do. I usually procrastinate so long that everything is a last minute effort. So keep showing your examples... maybe I'll catch on one of these days.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. Nothing wrong with making Christmassy things ahead of time. There is never enough time to do it actually around Christmas I find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I think this journal is a great idea. Hoping you continue with the holiday spirit and this year is super special. You deserve it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards. I used to make handmade gift tags, I would make oodles of them and put them in a box to use year after year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.