About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

KITTY CUT-UPS


I found this adorable purple-y kitty fabric in my stash....and this will be the
borders for Cassidy's quilt.  Not only is it purple but has kitties on it to remind
her of her kitty at home when she goes to college.  


Both sides will feature just the trees and the top and bottom will
have the kitties under those trees:


I have begun sewing the two long rows into twosies and will then do QAYGo
on the long centers and do the borders separately with a fancier quilting...

I  like the kitten fabric as it maintains my love of old fashioned fabrics
against the newer modern ones....

hugs 
Julierose, La Blageuse (relieved-euse)

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I think you've finally solved this quilt! What a lot of trouble it has given you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is a good choice, especially given that she has a cat at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello JulieRose !
    Ce tissu fait de chat est extra ! Je l'adore et il complété parfaitement ton top ! Très bon choix !
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitty fabric, and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purr-fect!! And once again, the stash yields the answer (you were just smart enough to wait for it to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - I'm sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kitties! It will make a great border

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Julierose. I really like your daughter's quilt--what wonderful fabrics you've selected! And the cathedral window blocks are so pretty--I did a project like that centuries ago as well. Almost makes me nostalgic!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute kittie fabric - those antlers! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, you came up with a wonderful solution. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that fabric! It's perfect! I love kitties, as you probably know!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.