Terri had sent me this paper pieced butterfly as a gift....
Here is the (finally ) finished table topper that I made with it
in the medallion style
thanks so much Terri , ;))) it really inspired me...
I hand quilted it with perle cottons...
And I did a new-to-me free-form, raw edge ruffled binding......I thought it just went with
the idea of a fluttering butterfly....;)))
(see "Zazu's" Youtube channel for instructions)
Here is the reverse : an Asian Ladies side: with the last pieces of geisha fabric....
*************************************
This is the start of my "Finish-a-Thon...."
I have decided that I canNOT make anything new until all those
UFO's are D O N E ..
Wish me luck --
next up will be Snowballs...
Hugs, Julierose La Blageuse



I love that ruffled edge binding.
ReplyDeleteWow awesome finish.
ReplyDeleteYou and Barb just amaze me with your work. Very pretty. Glad you are getting some things done! sandie
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your finish-a-thon. That's an interesting binding. I've never seen it before.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with getting those UFOs done!
ReplyDeleteInteresting binding... bet it isn't easier.
ReplyDeleteI gotta look up the directions.
Hugs
good luck with that. I just want to sew
ReplyDelete