About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, July 25, 2014

A START ON "TRISTESSE" WITH A LOVELY ADD-ON

I have made a start on La belle Dame Tristesse this morning.  .........................


Her headpiece is a lavender silk rosette with small beads and her dress bottom is lace....to me she looks sad, pensive, maybe crying......

SEE THIS SPECIAL BUTTON....


CHRIS  made it and had sent it along with her Spirit Doll that I purchased a while back  Isn't it lovely??
thanks so much Chris for your generous gift....I just had to include it in this very special CQ.

I am thinking of surrounding it with french knots in that adobe-ish/salmon-ish color....

Ahhhh, such a lovely afternoon to be knotting away--low temps and lower humidity.
tonight the hubster has a gig so, I will be sewing the binding on my Wonder Woman Woven Wall.....
then, hand sewing it over...hugs and enjoy the blessing of this blue sky day...Julierose, La blageuse


4 comments:

  1. She does look pensive and sad... there are those time in life.
    The button is gorgeous. Made of polymer clay? It will disintegrate over time, you know, and might leach some "oil" onto your quilt over time, too. Quilts last a long long time. (and they should, they take a long time to make)
    (Heart) your quilt!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the heads up Terri..hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Hi July... your work continues to be so lovely! I'm glad you're enjoying the little fern button. Enjoy the cooler weather! hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is lovely. your gals are all looking so fine. it is fun to embellish. the button is cute. loving to see how this quilt is coming along

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.