About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

GOOD NEWS.......BAAAAD NEWS

Good News:  La Belle Dame Tristesse is ready to be embellished and see what I got at Joanne's this morning :

A whole gamut of purples and a new gold and orange--I had a 40% and a 15% off coupon and got 55% off --such a deal!! I am anxious to begin.....

And now how did this happen??  
(aka Baaaad News!!)


See there...the backing doesn't go all the way past my front quilt piece--I have no idea how this one slipped by me (brain games again!!). So I untied just the last row of hand ties and am going to add a long piece of yellow fabric (that pearl bracelet stuff) to the edge and just pretend that I meant to sew it boro-style--who knows it may turn out to be a new way to do backings (LOL).

Here's the hand woven front--do you remember the YEAR it took me to do this all by hand??? From beginning to end--pre-washing all those torn strips so that they would ravel nicely.   I am NOT--repeat--NOT going to totally undo the whole blankety blank thing!!


I worked so hard--but enjoyed thoroughly-- Jude Hill's class online to learn to do this.... I appliqued those flower headpieces as my own twist on those hand stamped images of ladies. 
I seem to be making hats, headpieces etc on my quilt ladies.....

And so goes my week...a mixture of good and bad, and I am thankful that my visit to my Mom's went well --we laughed over her great grandgirls' playing in tubs and at the beach and over the cutest card that Fiona sent her with a picture she drew of her Great Grand'mere---so precious.  And therefore, it went well, she laughed.....gotta love that.....difficult and trying times, but happy for the "little things" .

Hugs from Julierose, La blageuse (upeuse and downeuse)




4 comments:

  1. We quilters should get honorary degrees for problem solving. Well, you and me, anyway, and the Empress of the Universe. She had quite the problem yesterday. "We are not alone" does not only refer to aliens!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it!! My daughter--our computer wizard who is a definite problem solver--says that that's what she really loves to do!! Weeelll, I cannot say that's my fave thing to do. but...I will get there somehow...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Oh the too short backing, had that happened! I think I appliqued a piece to extend it, I say do what works. It is called patchwork after all! Love all your new threads can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Carla...I am going to do just that--and I imagine that this has happened to many many quilters both today and in the past and they were most likely as upset too!! Tomorrow i will deal with it...hugs, Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.