About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, July 7, 2014

WHAT WE DID TODAY

We are thrilled that our mason, Bennie, and his crew extended our sidewalk to include a small seating area in front of our house.  He is really a stone artist--the new area just feels like it has been there all along...


this afternoon Tommy and I extended the curve outlining the small garden in front...--Tommy dug out the grass and I planted the small azaleas --they were hidden away in a corner being overtaken by pachysandra--we found four of them--and I can't wait to see what color they will bring next Spring.


This lovely blue spruce should expand now that the other bushes crowding it have been removed.  --I love its color against the gray house...

I am so excited to be able to do this work.  i have always wanted to have a pretty welcoming area at our front entrance.  



i found this really cute welcome sign at --of all places--JoAnnes!  


Tomorrow, i plan to get herbs to fill in: basil, tarragon, and perhaps some bee balm-- I hope to install day lilies also...

On the quilt front--i am continuing with "Where in the World is Tommy"..

I am sewing twosies and ironing the long seam open and flat--with all those crossing seam I felt that I needed to take the time to do that.



i am using a little water to keep those crossing seams flattened....



I got some new fabrics in the mail today...this KF which I love...and
Just had to have this one... and....
this baby...yummy...and

Blue Crabs....

We got to see these babies over the weekend, too:

Willa is WALKING!!  

Ohhh, Grand'mere, my hoodsie cup is sooooo cold!

It has been a busy and fun weekend for sure...
hugs to you all...I have spread out my batting to rest and un-kink overnight for my Sea Glass quilt which is ready to be basted.....
Julierose, La Blageuse

3 comments:

  1. your entry area is so welcoming. great job. it is fun to move things and see what happens. I have to do that soon in the front. look at Willa go! such beautiful babies both of the quilting and human kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new entry is lovely. I want one of those! (I guess I have entry envy. Lol)
    Your babies are lovely, too. Aren't grands the best?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Dawn! The "girls" are sooo cute (but I may be just besotted!!) ;--)))

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.