About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

DOUBLE FUN

















Remember these?? Last year I joined RSC2015 along with the
Postage Stamp Swap and made 12 of these blocks....and 

here are the other six:

Since I finally finished Cassidy's blocks this morning (Phew!!) I decided to take a break and
put these up on Le Wall ; they are 17" +/- square--

I know they need something else--right now I have set them 3 across and four down to get 52" x 68"
Pretty good sized already--but they don't speak to me this way....

So I am thinking of adding this fabric as borders.....


I LOVE this black & white  print in French--
I really don't know if I will also add some sashings--
........................???????
or just two long strips from top to bottom to separate colors???

Right now, I cannot visualize it.----  so..................
it will stay up there so I can/will peek at it going by and while I sew Cassidy's blocks together....
;--))))
speaking of which--I will have to put Cassidy's on my living room floor as my wall isn't big enough
to contain it ....and I've realized that the Christmas backing strippy I made isn't big enough either.....

more decisions..... ;000....

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day holiday..
We will be having hot sweet sausage grinders, with DH's homemade sauce and peppers and
onions covered in mozzarella....that's our dinner tonight...

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (sewing-euse).



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. I love text prints, too. Think it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooo JUlie I LOVE it! I think just put together with the french border would look lovely. WOW
    NOW I want to make one like that! thanks for another project LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to what you do for setting the postage stamp blocks. If they were mine, I would be stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks... what size are the tiny squares. You must have the maximum in patience. Love the text print with them, too.
    Now about that onion and mozzarella... sounds delish!
    Have a wonderful holiday.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that text fabric! It will look great next to you scrap blocks. Your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you enjoyed it! We're having ribs!! My favorite! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased to see all of your finished postage stamps blocks and I think the text fabric for the border looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour JulieRose ! Ces blocs timbres sont magnifiques avec leurs couleurs so scrappy ! Et le choix du tissu lettre est un excellent choix ! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The postage stamp blocks look great. Can't wait to see how you finish this one.

    Congratulations on finishing Cassidy's blocks, more fun ;)

    The grinders sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.