About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

                                Happy (Rainy) Mother's day to all you Mommies out there!!

                                        I hope you get to talk to or see your children today....

                                                Missing my Mom on this, the 1st Mother's day
                                                     since she has been gone....;-((((

But, we had a whole lot of them together and I cherish many good memories...

I am sitting and sipping my morning cup of java and slowly entering the world of the wide "awakers.".lol

Still no sewing to show you..but here are a few pix of my mystery book shelf for your bibliophiles out there...
{.I used to bring a book (we both loved a good mystery) when I visited Mom, and read to her--she loved that and would doze off and dream......}

































These are my "keepers" that i have read a few times and will most likely read again.....
I hope you will have a relaxing day --i know I'll be reading:the Carolyn Graham 
Barnaby series: "Faithful unto Death" (2nd in the series...) 

hugs to you all

Julierose, La Blageuse (bookworm-euse)

7 comments:

  1. i love a good mystery to, hugs on mothers day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too Julierose. This is the first Mother's Day without my dear mum as well and like you, I remember the good times we had and being grateful for the many years we had together. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. books are a great way to relax and escape.
    hugs to you on your first Mothers Day without Mom. She is hugging you from Heaven I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read that you read some of your books over again, I do that! I have many favourites. Hope you were able to spend time with your memories on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day I am currently reading Quilt by Association by Arlene Sachitano.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading but my problem is that once I start a book, I have a hard time putting it down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day although I'm sure you missed your mom. I read books over again too. They have to be really good to want to read them again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.