About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

TYING MADAM EAGLE, ET AL


                              Ms, Improv Eagle is being thread basted in place.....

That cone of white thread belonged to my Grand-mere...it is just perfect for basting....

                          And that little Depression glass dessert dish was also hers....

(I only have a very few of her things as she broke up housekeeping moving to 
California to live with my Aunt Mildred, Mom's sister when I was a 
young teenager...)

.
Here is the new thread I purchased for quilting....I just love these colors....
aren't they gorgeous--what a treat....

The good news is.........
Madam is holding pretty still for me while I baste....
{the trade off from pin basting using this method, is my back gets sore from
 bending over so long; but then, afterwards, I don't hurt my 
fingers taking all those pins out ....} 
6 of one kind of scenario I guess.....


***********************************************
A N D 
I have a few SECRET projects that I am working on these days....


Using some of these x-tra butterflies that flew in a few days ago...
across our rocky shoreline.

I have sewn them all using batik fabrics--I really do love batiks a lot....


Plus.....I have sewn a GA-zillion of my favorite 2-sies together, too.--uh
in TWOS..(lol groan)


Oh, look!!
this one flew in over a snowy field...
she must have missed the migration South..
I will have to put her someplace warm....;))))

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (secret sewing-euse).



10 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing Ms Eagle finished. That is going to be such a pretty quilt.

    Love those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I agree with you about those quilting threads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special to have mementos from your grandmother. Even more fun that you use the dish regularly. Good luck basting Ms. Eagle. I look forward to seeing it in more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun projects you have going, pretty batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a set of six (still packed) of your green dessert dish. My sis bought them for me at an antique store. We had some growing up - she got that set from Mom.
    I, too, treasure the few items I got from my grandma... a pincushion (knitted by her) a scissors and an interest in making quilts.
    Sew nice that Ms. Eagle is cooperating. Give yourself a break now and then, and your back will thank you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful projects! Love your grandmother's dish. So pretty! You're keeping very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms Eagle's colors are fantastic - looking forward to seeing her quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you really finished that Eagle quilt fast !
    pretty dish and perfect for sewing tools.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty batiks. Your eagle is looking lovely. Love your thread purchases. Lovely butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.