About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

"SUMMERTIME, SUMMERTIME, SUM SUM SUMMERTIME...."

Midnight Garden Update: (WHILE HUMMING THE TITLE ABOVE OF COURSE)

I am slowly hand quilting my 1st Coin Toss Improv piece nightly while watching the
Red Sox on tv...
.(I WILL BE DOING SOME THIS AFTERNOON AS THE GAME IS AT 1:00);)))

Using lovely purple thread and big stitches:










I like this DMC
No 8 a lot...
gives texture...












I am following the curved inset strip lines so far--thinking about adding other quilt lines....

************************************

Look what FINALLY bloomed for me..;)))

These were a FREE (yup!) bonus when I ordered my lilies...aren't they are simply gorgeous!!

Here are two of the other colored ones from last year's order:








RASBERRIES &
CREAM






AND

this purple-ish/eggplant edged one with that bright yellow throat...

I love my day lilies...

With more to come....;)))

****************************************

Here are all my "Venezia" butterflies...this will be a memory quilt for us of our trip to Italy ..........see why? 

this subtle background fabric has scenes of the Grand canal and sites in Venice--

I love love love this fabric....as a matter of fact I am turning into something of
a brown/beige/neutral freak these days.
  
I just ordered a bunch of browns from equilter as they sent me a special $12 off coupon --(uhhh, do I buy a lot of fabric??? who Moi?  And wha hoppen to that
"No fabric buying this year, huh?  Huh?)
Welllllll, see below.....


this was written JUST for me I guess...life is short, as Mom used to say, eat dessert first...for me, dessert IS Fabric....hahahahaha 
(Notice, I am not sharing how much I spent today..I mean you have to get your coupon's worth and free shipping too, right?;0000)

I hope you are all enjoying this Summer despite the heat and humidity--soon (all too soon,) we will be carping about bitterly cold weather--and so it goes..

A huge thanks goes out to all you followers and readers for all of your continuing lovely comments you send me...I read them all and love them all
(remember Sally Field in "You've Got Mail"???Are you old enough to recall it??
LOL)
Hugs, Julierose,La Blageuse (brown as a berry-euse) 

12 comments:

  1. Your day-lilies are as beautiful as all of those quilts you have going. Our friend's family owns a day-lily farm here in FL but I've never tried to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous day lilies, and good job with your hand quilting. Oh my gosh I just bought a bunch of fabric from e-quilter today.....so much for not buying anything for a few days. :( Bad Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your lillies are so pretty. such great colors. I have the bright yellow ones and one pink and white that is just getting ready to bloom. that coin quilt is so pretty as are your butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day lilies just started blooming, too. Watching for the tigers. I like them best.
    Butterflies looking good! Love your coins. Luscious colors!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that background fabric too! What beautiful flowers! Wish I could get into gardening but I'm pretty bad at it. Your hand quilting project is perfect while you watch baseball! We should all enjoy the summer weather. Won't last long around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be nicer than butterflies and day lilies!! Your Coin Toss Improv will be finished before you know it, love the thread you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photography of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lots of fun going on here!
    Yes, day lilies are fabulous always, thanks for sharing yours.
    Your hand quilting is perfect. I love the colors in your 'coins' quilt, all my favorites.
    Did I read that right? You're calling it 'midnight garden'? Good choice.
    I got my 'happy fix' here, can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful daylilies in the sun! I'm glad you are enjoying your summer as we shiver down here.
    Love your purple big-stitch quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers! I have never seen a coin quilt I didn't like. Love your's. One is definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.