About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

APPLIQUED CABIN IN THE WOODS---DONE!!!


Can you believe it?  My first Appliqued piece is done--I was dancin' my "HAPPY DANCE"
last evening.  It doesn't really bear close scrutiny--but I feel a wonderful sense of relief and, really,
joy. (This was a kit from Jan Patek)

 Obviously (heh heh), it was a windy day:..... :regardez le pine tree leaning in the wind and Mr.
Bluebird (of happiness) trying to hold that last Flower of Summer upright!!


His poor right leg is scrunched under that gusting wind (LOL)....I used a button for his eye as I couldn't face trying to applique a little circle the size of the head of a pin!!  (DUH)...I plan to add a few
more buttons to that flower --it looks off-center right now...and perhaps some embroidery...

A button for the door knob, too!!

I bid you a fond farewell as the Winds of Winter blow into my little Cabin in the Woods...

Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse





17 comments:

  1. Oh such CUTENESS CUTENESS CUTENESS!!

    I.LIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,
    congratulations to your first application block. Mr. Bluebird is so cute.
    I think some embordery wil be wonderful, perhaps you can put some flowers into the windows, than the summer is never ending.
    Hugs
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that button a little off-center on the flower! And I love the whole 'windy' effect! Perfectly charming! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Is this hand turned applique? Looks wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's adorable, whimsical and charming all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope you will become hooked on appliqué now! Once I started, I couldn't stop! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it satisfying to complete the first time. The fears all flow away and the sky is the limit. Great Job. Keep going anxious to see your progress. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful and whimsical! I love the birds broken leg - adds a folky touch!
    congrats and hope you continue to applique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so cute! love the buttons and the look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such a good finish. I waited too long to get any of the apple fabric. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Great job for your first attempt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations - would never guess it is a first. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your charming little house vignette! Applique can become addicting, so proceed with caution!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful! and the bird is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.