About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, November 29, 2013

PLUM CRAZY


Here is a test run of my adventure in Crazy Quilting.....I signed on for the CQJP2014 project which runs for the whole year--one block per month.....(this one will not be included--it's just a trial for myself--when I saw the work online during the year on their site, I sort of went CRAZEE --had these dreams of fanciful blocks full of laces, ribbons and stitches, shell buttons, ephemera-- you name it!....and so...I began to try out new stitches...............


......................and 

HERE, TOO:
For this underwater scene I drew-stitched (as I went along) some ocean floor flora.  This was such fun choosing threads and making it up on the fly!! I think this will be a little pillow...

I am planning out my theme for January-December 2014; tomorrow I go to JoAnnes to buy muslin backing to stitch on.  

Hugs to all from this frigid Friday--
P.S.  Everyone @ my son's has awakened with the flu this morning--sick all night long....so we are going to my daughter's instead of to MA this morning....
you just never know......Julierose, La Blageuse

7 comments:

  1. Love your crazy patchwork stitching and the picture in the middle is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your crazy quilting is nice. I tried it once........lots of stitching........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching! Looks so intricate. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and that your son is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! If this is your test run I can't wait to see your monthly blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness it is wonderful. so glad you are playing in 2014. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crazy quilts! I can't wait to see what you do in 2014. Hopefully it will inspire me to take a class, or at least give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.