About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

INSPIRATION FLEW BY.......


I just found LORI'S blog and was blown away by her QAL "Faithful" little quilt. I am calling mine
"Faithful Melody"...:---))))

This afternoon I pulled out some blues, pinks and bubblegums and "snap, crackle, pop!" I put it together--at least parts 1 and 2...you should hop on over there and see just how cute this is.


Her linky is closed now, but the whole quilt (this is just one block of it...sigh!!) is on her header...
I just love its scrappiness and had to try it out.

I was able to use my AQ Go to cut some pieces:  now for the "dreaded "hst's" --I cannot seam (haha--seem) to get an accurate 1/4 inch on my machine, so I've decided to just go ahead and ignore that and trim up later.............. well, we shall see tomorrow.

On this grey, rainy afternoon, I found myself really ENJOYING the "process"

Isn't that what it's all about????

Hugs to you all, talk soon, Julierose, La Blageuse

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely block and I love the colours you have used - glad to see you are busy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabrics--especially the bird in the center! I'm going to have to check out the quilt along--as if I don't have enough going on--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Very sweet! You have a Go?! I use a Sizzix and they have half sq triangles that I got but have not used yet. They have a clearance department online and also a sale every Tuesday. I think they may work with the Go...you could call and ask! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks, the colours are stunning. Keep enjoying the process ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julierose, your Faithful Melody is gorgeous - I will enjoy watching it grow :-) I seem to have better success sewing my HST slightly bigger and then trimming them down, as well. It takes longer but then less time trying to work with mis-sized pieces. Sometimes I cut 1/8" bigger so I have the luxury to trim. Well done with the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! That center fabric is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you go girl! love this block with the bird...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I like that bird print. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julie,
    what a gorgeous block, wonderful fabrics vou pulled out, the center fabric is so beautiful, such a lovely bird.
    Have a nice and creative day and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! Love your fabric choices. You have a great eye for mixing prints.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You pick the best fabric and it always works! Love the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty block, I love the fussy cut bird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i lover your attitude and your little sweet blue bird! pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous fabrics. The bird is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.