About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

MY POMEGRANATE JOURNEY BEGINS

                             
                                         My first little appliqued Pomegranate flower


Certainly not perfect, but this was my slow (V E R Y    S L O W   LOL) stitchery 
this Sunday.  Moi--doing applique in layers?? Bien sur....

My good and intuitive friend MaryAnn came over at the last moment and sat and stitched and talked with me; we sipped some white wine and she finished the binding on her daughter's  table topper.  We took a tour of my sewing room and she did me a world of good. I gave her one of my bleeding heart plants and she promises me some astilbes....


Merci beaucoup mon amie....It has been a difficult time this week ....Mom is extremely weak
 and very tired....sleeping more than not.

AND SO IT GOES...

Hugs to all
Julierose, La blageuse (attend-euse)

13 comments:

  1. Good job. Looks pretty. I need to get brave enough to do more applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on that elderly parent journey myself. Rough week here too. I love your fabrics! Hope you have some time to relax and stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to your mum Julierose. Your pomegranate is lovely - hope you enjoy your layered applique project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pomegranate flower - good for you appliquéing by hand.
    Sorry to hear that you Mom has become very weak and tired - a very difficult time indeed - thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely applique pomegranate. Nice fabric choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good start on your appliqué journey. Blessings to you and your Mom at this time in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks marvellous... each one will be quicker and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh--your pomegranites are going to be so pretty! Sending good thoughts for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pomegranates are starting out well. So good to have a stitching pal.
    Sorry to hear about your Mom. She is quite old, isn't she?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job on your Pomegranate!
    I've been on the journey you share with your Mom. Wishing her comfort and a bond of peace and love that shall carry and sustain you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers for your dear mom! Very pretty fabric on your appliqué. It is lovely! Good job! What kind of thread are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! So sorry to hear about your mom I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.