About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

NOUVEAU LADIES REDUX

Rmember us??? We've been stashed away in her closet--she says she couldn't find a
border for us...hmmmmphf!  When we saw all those Geishas prancing about on her design wall we began to take out our lutes and lyres and play sad dirges to get her to finally get a border on us.....

Note from Moi:  It has taken me over a year to find this border! Nothing has looked right.
But i like this fern and woodsy batik a lot...I like the way it draws this block into view especially



I had hand embroidered this fern freely and I do like the effect....
Here is the entire block


It is time to decide whether or not i will add more stitching on this border....to highlight the ferns more as this is a very dark print....

If you follow the labels "Nouveau Ladies" back in time, you can see all the blocks and my journey in Crazy Quilting and stitchery...
Hugs, 
Julierose La Blageuse Redux-euse

10 comments:

  1. looks really good - amazing how some stitches can make a piece come alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful,the border is perfect.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fabric for the border. Love it!! It was so warm here today! I loved it. I was outside for most of the day. I really needed that! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have taken your time choosing the border but it was well worth the wait, just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love the added hand embroidery, it really makes the quilt. Batiks are my favorite fabric to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your border and stitching. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you found the perfect border--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is definitely a crazy quilt. I turned out wonderfully. Now what have they to say? lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have great fabric, love the border

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.